When an issue happens in your software in production, the channel to send the alert on depends on multiple factors. If it's a critical issue requiring immediate attention, you should alert the team member via phone call. But not all issues require a phone call, and in fact it may become annoying if your phone keeps ringing for minor issues.
This is where other channels like SMS, Slack and mobile push notifications come in. In this post, we will see how to get mobile push notification alerts from Spike.sh using Pushover.
What is Pushover?
Pushover is a service which allows you get mobile push notifications from a product even if they don't have a mobile app. It integrates with many products including Spike.sh, and you can use the Pushover mobile apps to get mobile push notifications from Spike.sh.
How to get Spike.sh alerts on Pushover app?
- Download the Pushover app.
- Create a Pushover account or log in to your existing account from the app.
- Follow the simple instructions on the app to set up your account.
- To connect your Pushover account to Spike.sh, log in to your Spike.sh account and go to settings. Click on Connect to Pushover under Alerts section.
- You will be taken to the Pushover website. Log in to your account and on the "Subscribe to Spike.sh" page, click on Subscribe Me. You should receive a confirmation notification from Pushover.
- To get mobile notifications for alerts from Spike.sh, you should add Pushover to an escalation policy. Create a new escalation policy or edit an existing policy.
- Select Pushover from the Alert via dropdown in your escalation policy.
- You will start receiving mobile push notifications for Spike.sh alerts.
To start getting alerts via mobile push notifications, phone call, SMS and Slack, just visit Spike.sh.